This fish pie was recommended by our food stylist because she said her young kids loved it!
1 knob butter
1 tbsp olive oil
200g leeks, sliced
800g white fish, like hake, cut into chunks
1 cup, flour for dusting
4 eggs, boiled, peeled and quartered
1½ cups cheese sauce
1 packet puff pastry
1 egg yolk, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC.
2. Melt butter and oil in an ovenproof pan.
3. Fry leeks until soft. Add spinach and allow to wilt, then add the peas.
4. Season fish and toss in flour to coat. Shake off excess flour and add to pan. Dot eggs around fish.
5. Add the vegetables, cover with cheese sauce and season.
6. Roll the puff pastry over the pie and trim edges.
7. Brush pastry with egg yolk and bake for 30 minutes or until crispy and golden.