Chicken meatballs and linguine
This makes a delicious family meal, but works just as well when you're entertaining. The kids can even help you make the meatballs. Serve with a green salad and warm bread.
1 packet of linguine
400g chicken mince
1 small onion, finely diced
1 tsp of crushed garlic
Splash of cooking oil
2 cans of chopped tomatoes
1 cup tomato puree
1 chicken stock cube
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp dried oregano
Optional: Basil leaves and Parmesan cheese
1. Combine chicken mince, onion and garlic in a bowl. Season well with salt and pepper. Shape mixture into about 16 meatballs.
2. Oil a non-stick frying pan. Place over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add meatballs and cook until brown on each side, turning frequently for about five minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, stock, sugar and oregano. Season to taste with salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and sauce has slightly reduced.
4. While meatballs are cooking, boil pasta in a large saucepan of salted water for eight minutes or until just tender. Drain well.
5. Remove meatball mixture from heat and stir in basil leaves and Parmesan cheese. Spoon over hot linguine and serve immediately.