Thai red curry
Bring a little Thai flavour into your home.
60ml sunflower oil
500g beef, cut into 2cm pieces
2 tbsp red curry paste
400ml can coconut milk
3 strips lime zest
150g green beans, topped and halved
1 red pepper, halved, deseeded and thinly sliced
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
½ cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
½ cup fresh coriander leaves
Rice to serve
1. Heat one tablespoon of oil in a saucepan over high heat. Add half the beef and cook for five minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with one tablespoon of oil and the remaining beef and mushrooms.
2. Heat the remaining oil in the pan over high heat. Add the curry paste. Cook, stirring, for about 15 seconds.
3. Stir in the coconut milk, lime zest, mushrooms and beef. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for one hour or until the beef is tender.
4. Stir in the beans and red pepper. Cook for four minutes or until the vegetables are just tender. Add the sugar, fish sauce and peanut butter. Stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Sprinkle with the peanuts and coriander and serve over rice.