Sweet pork with pineapple
This dish will give you that summer feeling, despite the cold outside.
2 tsp vegetable oil
4 pork steaks, trimmed of excess fat
2 tbsp brown treacle sugar
1 tsp tomato purée
400g can pineapple rings in juice, drained, but juice reserved
½ tsp chilli powder
1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
Coriander leaves, to serve
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1. Add the oil to a large non-stick pan, season the steaks well, then fry for five minutes on each side until golden and almost cooked through.
2. Mix the sugar, soy, tomato purée and most of the pineapple juice in a bowl.
3. Add the pineapple rings to the pan and let them caramelise a little alongside the pork.
4. Add the chilli and five-spice to the pan, then fry for one minute until aromatic.
5. Tip in the soy mix and let it bubble around the pork and pineapple for a few mins until slightly reduced and sticky. Sprinkle with coriander, and serve.