Cheese and onion bread
Perfect for mopping up the last bits of a great soup or stew.
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp salt
½ cup water
¼ cup melted butter
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
½ cup chopped onion
1. Pre-heat oven to 200ºC.
2. Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
3. Add milk, water, butter, cheese, and onions. Stir until mixed.
4. The dough should be a bit moist but not watery. It should look very sticky and lumpy.
5. Scoop into greased bread pan and even out with a spoon so the top is completely flat.
6. Bake for 55 minutes.
7. Leave to cool for 30 minutes before slicing.