Chicken, leek and mash pot pies
There's nothing better than delicious comfort food on a winter evening.
500g potatoes, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
4 large chicken breasts sliced into small pieces
2 leeks, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 small carrots, chopped
2 tbsp flour
Salt and pepper
1. Boil the potatoes in a large pot for about 10 minutes until tender.
2. Drain and then mash with 1 tbsp. butter and season well with salt and pepper.
3. In a frying pan heat the oil and fry the chicken for two the three minutes and set aside.
4. Using the same frying pan, fry the leeks, garlic and carrots in the remaining butter for about five to seven minutes until softened.
5. Add the flour and stir until a paste forms, about one minute.
6. Add the cream stirring constantly until the sauce thickens. Add the cooked chicken pieces and season well with salt and pepper.
7. Grease an ovenproof dish with a little oil and spoon the mixture in. Cover with mash potato and bake in the oven at 180ºC for about 25 minutes until golden brown.