Apple and toffee crumble
A tummy-warming winter treat.
75g brown sugar
8 apples peeled and chopped
Handful of raisins
100ml golden syrup
160 oats (jungle oats is a great option)
1. Grease an ovenproof dish and layer the bottom with the brown sugar.
2. Scatter the apples and raisins over the sugar and sprinkle the cinnamon over them. Then drizzle with the golden syrup.
3. Add two tablespoons of water to loosen the mixture a bit if necessary.
4. Mix the flour and butter together with your fingertips until the mixture becomes crumbly and then add the sugar and oats. Cover the apples with the crumble.
5. Bake in the oven for 30-40miuntes at 180ºC. Serve with custard.