Peri peri chicken skewers with dipping sauce
Tuck into these while watching the next soccer game.
16 skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
4 chicken breasts
1 cup bottled peri-peri sauce
30g butter, melted
¼ cup lemon juice
2 tsp garlic
Salt and pepper
1. Cut each chicken breast into five centimetre strips.
2. Stir together hot sauce, butter, lemon juice and garlic in small saucepan; cook over low heat until the butter is melted.
3. Pour the mixture over the chicken making sure it is all coat and leave to marinate for as long as possible, overnight would be best.
4. Thread the chicken pieces onto the skewers. Brush skewers with remaining hot sauce mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. These chicken skewers are delicious on the braai or done in a griddle pan with a little oil. Braai for four to five minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through and lightly charred. Alternatively fry on a griddle pan turning every five minutes for around 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from grill and brush liberally with any leftover sauce.
In a food processor, mix together 250ml plain yoghurt, a handful of fresh mint, juice of half a lemon and salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and serve with the skewers.