This is one of our favourite family meals here at Club. Serve over rice with some carrots on the side to make it go further.
200ml chicken stock
500g chicken pieces
3 leeks, diced
350ml fresh milk
100g cheddar cheese, grated
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
2. Parboil the broccoli in salted water, drain and refresh under cold running water.
3. Place 40g of the butter in a frying pan and sauté the leeks until soft. Add the chicken and stir for a minute, then add the broccoli.
4. Place the remaining butter in a separate saucepan and melt. Add the flour, cook for one minute then add the milk and chicken stock. Stir to form a smooth sauce.
5. Season well and stir in the egg and 100g grated cheese.
6. Place the chicken, leek and broccoli mixture in an ovenproof casserole dish and pour the cheese sauce over the mixture.
7. Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and golden brown.