One-pan sausages and rice
A bright, colourful dish for a warm summer's evening.
3 tbsp olive oil
8 pork bangers
2 cups onion, peeled and diced
⅔ cup red pepper, seeded and diced
⅔ cup yellow pepper, seeded and diced
3-4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
2 cups rice
2 cups chicken stock
½ cup fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1. In a large skillet, add the olive oil, sausage and onion and sauté for about eight minutes over medium-high heat, or until the sausages are cooked through and onions are lightly golden browned.
2. Add the peppers and garlic and sauté for one to two minutes.
3. Cook the rice as per the instructions on the packet.
4. Turn the heat to medium-low and add the rice and chicken stock. Cook covered for five to 10 minutes or until rice is done and all the liquid has been absorbed.
5. Turn off the heat, add the parsley, salt and pepper and stir to combine.