How to: Home-made pizza bases
Pizzas are really quick and easy to make so they're great for any night of the week. You can make them yourself and freeze, ready for supper in a hurry or a weekend treat.
You will need:
• 1 x 10g packet instant yeast • 755ml cake flour (you can also use white bread flour)
• 3ml salt • 7ml sugar • 15ml sunflower oil • 1 egg • 250ml lukewarm water
1. Mix the yeast, flour, salt and sugar together in a large bowl.
2. Make a well in the centre and add the oil, egg and water.
3. Mix the dough well, to a soft consistency.
4. Oil a large pizza pan, or a baking tray. Press the dough flat into the pan. Allow it to be slightly raised around the edge to avoid the toppings spilling over.
5. Cook from frozen for about 40-50 minutes.
Bases can be frozen if unbaked and without toppings – cover with plastic once frozen.
We love this simple tomato sauce for pizzas and some of these tasty toppings.