Thursday, 16 November 2017
Here's something sweet to try with the kids this weekend.
2 cup carrots, peeled and grated
1 tsp vanilla essence
1¼ cup milk
1¼ cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp vegetable oil
Nuts or choc chips
1. In a blender add the carrots, vanilla, egg and milk and pulse until well blended and the mixture turns orange. The mixture will be thick.
2. In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and brown sugar.
3. Add the carrot mixture and oil to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Don't over-mix or your pancakes will end up flat and tough.
4. Heat a pan to medium heat and add a little butter.
5. Scoop a big spoonful of batter onto the pan. Cook on one side until bubbles form all over the top of the pancake and the edges begin to change colour.
6. Flip the pancake and cook for one or two minutes on the other side.
7. Serve with a drizzle of golden syrup and sprinkle over some toasted walnuts and choc chips.