We're posting this because... it's really cold and malva pudding is yummy.
10ml bicarbonate of soda
10ml smooth apricot jam
1. Preheat oven to 175ºC.
2. Place all pudding ingredients in a large bowl and beat together until thoroughly mixed.
3. Pour into a well-buttered baking dish and cover tightly with tinfoil.
4. Place in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes until cooked through and brown.
1. Bring all syrup ingredients to the boil.
2. Remove cooked pudding form the oven and pierce all over with a skewer or knife.
3. Pour over boiling syrup and serve pudding hot with vanilla custard.