This would be amazing with some fresh home-made bread.
40 ml butter
1 onion, chopped
Pinch of ground cumin
500g butternut, peeled and cubed
300ml chicken stock
20 ml lemon juice
125 ml cream
1. Heat the butter in a saucepan.
2. Add the onion and sauté for 30 seconds.
3. Add the butternut and chicken stock and bring to the boil.
4. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes until the butternut is soft.
5. Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice and cream.
6. Pour into a food processor and blend until smooth.
7. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
8. Serve with fresh bread.