There's nothing better than a gooey chocolate pudding on a cold, wintry afternoon. Get the kids to help with this simple recipe.
1 cup self-raising flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
½ cup brown sugar
80g butter, melted, cooled
½ cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
¾ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
1¼ cups boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Grease a deep oven-proof baking dish.
3. Sift flour and cocoa into a large bowl. Stir in sugar.
4. Combine butter, milk and egg in a jug. Slowly add to flour mixture, whisking until well combined and smooth. Spoon into baking dish.
5. Make the sauce: Sprinkle combined brown sugar and cocoa over pudding.
6. Slowly pour boiling water over the back of a large metal spoon to cover pudding.
7. Place dish onto a baking tray. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until pudding bounces back when pressed gently in centre. Serve hot with cream or ice cream.