Choc chip banana bread
This is a simple loaf to whip together and is the perfect lunchbox or after school treat.
250g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
125g unsalted butter, softened
250g castor sugar
4 ripe, mashed bananas
2 lightly beaten eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
200g dark chocolate chips
100g chopped nuts (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
2. Grease and line a loaf tin with grease-proof paper.
3. Sift together flour and baking powder into a large bowl and set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar until well combined.
5. Add the eggs and vanilla essence and mix well.
6. Add mashed banana, chocolate chips and chopped nuts and mix.
7. Add the dry ingredients to the banana chocolate chip mixture and stir to combine.
8. Pour batter into prepared loaf tin and bake for one hour and 15 minutes, or until bread is cooked when tested with a skewer.
9. Leave to cool in the tin for five minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.