Weekend finger food
Whether you have kids or not, having friends over for a chilled night of games, movies or simply catching up, is always a great way to spend a Saturday night. And you don't have to haul out the fancy china to do it. Here are a few of our favourite finger snacks that are great for watching some footie or battling it out in 30 Seconds.
Avo dip with corn chips
½ cup of cream cheese
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Tabasco sauce (optional)
1. Mash the avocado and cream cheese together.
2. Add onion, lemon juice and season as required.
3. Serve on a platter with corn chips.
Mini hot dogs
Heat up sausages of your choice (we used chipolatas) and put into hotdog rolls cut into portion sizes and garnish with whatever you fancy.
Chocolate chip cookies
2½ cups flour, sifted
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
250g soft butter or margarine
1 cup dark brown sugar, tightly packed
2/3 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecan nuts (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 160ºC.
2. Sift the flour, salt and baking soda together and set aside.
3. Cream the butter, brown and white sugar, eggs and the vanilla essence.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the mixture and then mix in the chocolate chips and the nuts.
5. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for about 12 minutes until brown.
6. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool.
(Makes 30-35)Have a lovely weekend!