We can't really claim that this is a quick weeknight meal because potatoes can take a while to cook through. But it is easy and who doesn't love a good stuffed potato? Serve as a side dish or with a fresh salad for a really tasty supper.
40ml sunflower oil
6 large baking potatoes, washed and scrubbed
2 cans tuna chunks in brine, drained
1 tub chunky cottage cheese
Handfull fresh chives, chopped
4 spring onions, finely chopped
Salad leaves to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
2. Rub the oil over the potatoes and sprinkle with salt. Bake the potatoes for one hour until completely tender.
3. When the potatoes are cooked and cool enough to handle, cut a thick slice off the top of each one.
4. Scoop most of the flesh into a bowl, leaving a thick enough border inside the skins to retain their shape.
5. Add the butter, cottage cheese, chives, spring onions, salt and pepper to the potato in the bowl and mash.
6. Beat in the egg and fold in the tuna chunks. Divide the mixture between the potato shells.
7. Place the filled baked potatoes on a lightly oil baking sheet and return to the oven for 10 minutes until golden brown.