Cupcakes are everywhere nowadays because obviously, they're delicious! They're perfect for parties, weddings, bridal and baby showers or even just as a fun activity to do with the kids over the weekend. Here's a simple cupcake recipe for you to try.
125g soft butter
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
250g icing sugar
5ml vanilla essence
Sugar decorations and sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC.
2. Beat all the ingredients for the cupcakes together except for the milk.
3. Add milk slowly until a smooth consistency is reached.
4. Divide the mixture into your prepared muffin tin and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. They should rise and be golden brown on top. Allow to cool.
5. Cream butter, icing sugar and vanilla essence. Add a little milk to make it easy to spread.
6. Spread each cupcake with icing and decorate with your choice of sprinkles.
7. You can make the icing any colour you like by simply adding food colouring.