Potato and fish cakes
This is a great way to get your kids to eat fish! Plus, this dish is easy to prepare during the week and your wallet will hardly feel a thing.
4-5 large potatoes, peeled
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp flour
1 can (425g) pilchards
1 egg, beaten
30ml parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper
1. Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water until soft. Remove from water and mash.
2. Mash the pilchards with its sauce. Mix in mashed potato, beaten egg, onion, parsley, flour and salt and pepper.
3. Shape into patties and dust with flour. Place in the fridge for an hour.
4. Heat oil in a pan to a medium heat and fry on both sides for 3-4 minutes.
5. Serve hot or cold with lemon wedges, tartar sauce and salad.
Makes 20 patties