Treat your kids to these delicious waffles and some fresh fruit on a Saturday morning.
1⅓ cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
2 eggs, separated
½ cup butter, melted
1 ¾ cups milk
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
2. Separate the eggs, adding the yolks to the dry ingredient mixture, and placing the whites in a small mixing bowl.
3. Beat whites until moderately stiff and set aside.
4. Add milk and melted butter to dry ingredient mixture and blend.
5. Fold stiff egg whites into mixture.
6. Ladle mixture into hot waffle iron for about 30 seconds until golden brown and crispy.
7. Serve with syrup and fresh fruit.