We work hard and play hard filling nearly every moment with activity, but here are some suggestions to simplify your life, so that you have time to enjoy it.
• Don't let any material thing come into your home unless you absolutely love it and want to keep it until it is beyond repair. Too much stuff suffocates you.
• Create a cosy home environment that fits your family. You will find this is much more satisifying than living in a museum designed to impress your friends.
• Limit your children's extracurricular activities to one to three a week, depending on age. Otherwise you will exhaust yourself and your children will grow up addicted to constant stimulation.
• Spend an hour a week away from crowds, traffic and buildings. Three to four hours of "nature time" each week is even better. There is nothing more basic, more simple, than the natural world.
• Practice saying no to those things that don't bring you inner peace and fulfilment. Be vigilant with your time and energy; if you say yes to one thing (like a job promotion), recognise that you are saying no to something else (perhaps more time with family).