Expecting baby number two
A new baby in the house can be a difficult adjustment for some children, follow these tips to help an older brother or sister welcome the new baby.
• Tell your child that you are pregnant before they hear you talking about it with friends or other family.
• Tell them all the advantages of being an older brother or sister and tell them what they can do to help look after the new baby.
• Let your child help get ready for the baby and let them make some of the decisions, like which outfit the baby can come home in.
• Make sure that many major changes, like moving bedrooms, toilet training etc, are done well before the baby comes, so your older child doesn't feel like they've been displaced by the baby.
• Talk to them often about what it will be like when the new baby comes and that you'll have to give a lot of attention to the baby.