Easy lemon cheesecake
Perfect for Sunday afternoon tea.
200g digestive biscuits
200g cream cheese
150ml double cream
75g icing sugar
Juice of 1 lemon (or 2 if you really like lemon)
1. Put all the biscuits into a food bag, hold the end and crush the biscuits with the end of a rolling pin. Alternatively, grind with the back of a large wooden spoon in a mixing bowl.
2. When you have lots of small crumbs, add the butter. Melting it slightly beforehand will help you mix the base together.
3. Once you have a moist biscuit base, fill an 20cm cake tin or dish with the mixture, and press down with the back of a spoon. Leave in the fridge to set.
4. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cream cheese and double cream until you have a thick, creamy mixture.
5. Add the icing sugar and lemon juice, and mix in until smooth and thick.
6. Pour on top of the biscuit base, and spread out evenly.
7. Leave in the fridge for a few hours until the topping has set.