This dish is a budget-friendly twist on classic lasagne and it's a bit easier! Serve with a fresh green salad.
15ml olive oil
2 tbsp thyme
2 cloves garlic
500g beef mince
1 cup mixed peas and carrots, defrosted
1 onion, diced
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 packet spaghetti bolognaise mix
2 packets white sauce
5 large potatoes
Grated cheese for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 160ºC.
2. Fry the mince in a little oil. Then add the onion, garlic, thyme and peas and carrots and sauté until soft.
3. Add the tin of tomatoes and the spaghetti bolognaise mix.
4. Parboil the potatoes and then slice them thinly.
5. Prepare the white sauce as per the instructions on the packet.
6. In an oven dish, layer the mince, white sauce and potatoes, finishing off with a layer of potatoes on top.
7. Sprinkle with cheese and bake in the oven for 90 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.