Beans and pasta with meatballs
A simple pasta dish that is made extra tasty by using a pack of pork sausages.
6-8 pack pork sausages
1 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, finely chopped
3 celery sticks, diced
2 carrots, diced
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
400g can chopped tomatoes (you can add an extra can if you want more sauce)
1l chicken stock
410g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
Handful parsley, chopped
1. Snip the ends off the sausages and squeeze out the meat. Roll into rough walnut-sized meatballs.
2. Heat half the oil in a large, wide pan and fry until browned, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add the rest of the oil to the pan. Fry onions, celery and carrots for about 10 minutes until soft. Add garlic and cook for one more minute. Add the tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add the meatballs and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked though. Stir in beans and cooking for another five minutes.
5. Mix sauce with cooked pasta, season, stir in parsley and serve.