This macaroni bake is the perfect weeknight family meal and should satisfy even the fussiest eaters.
2 tbsp oil
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tsp mixed dried herbs
1kg beef mince
1 can chopped tomatoes
500ml ready-made pasta sauce
½ tsp salt
1 tsp freshly grounded black pepper
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp dried parsley
100g mozzarella cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly grease an ovenproof dish.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the garlic. Let it cook on a low heat for one minute. Add the dried mixed herbs and cook for another minute.
3. Add the minced beef and cook for five minutes, breaking up lumps as it cooks, until well browned. Add in the tomatoes, stir and cook for one minute.
4. Add the pasta sauce. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat slightly and simmer for five minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper, sugar and dried parsley.
5. In the meantime, cook the macaroni according to packet instructions and drain well.
6. Spread half of the cooked macaroni evenly into the prepared dish. Top with half of the bolognaise sauce, then the remaining macaroni, followed by the remaining sauce. Sprinkle the top with some extra dried parsley. Top with grated cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the top turns brown and bubbly. Serve warm.